Eco-Wool Quilted Mattress Topper
Improve the quality of your rest by sleeping directly on a natural surface
Every synthetic mattress is required by law to contain fire retardant chemicals. Even a cotton futon. One solution to distance yourself from those chemicals is to use a mattress topper.
Studies have shown that your heart rate is lowered when you sleep on a natural surface, resulting in a deeper sleep.
Toppers are great for not only creating a natural sleeping surface, but for softening a bed.
We recommend Holy Lamb's hand made wool-filled toppers because wool is the most breathable material for your body. Holy Lamb uses Premium Eco-Wool™ sourced from their sustainable wool program, using west coast U.S.A. wool, and only organic cotton fabric. Handmade & tufted with love, we make 2 thicknesses:
The Deep Sleep Topper:
The perfect choice for adding a little more softness to your mattress, but not the full loft of The Ultimate Wool Topper.
The Ultimate Topper:
This best seller is for sleepers who like a deep plush pillow top. The Ultimate has 50% more wool than the regular Deep Sleep. Hop into the nest.
Crib Size: approximately 1" thick and is recommended for infants over 3 months of age.
As of 8/2015 all comforters and toppers are now packaged in plastic recycled from Holy Lamb's wool batting. All other products fall under our Plastic Free Packaging Policy. We believe that reusing this plastic one more time for our larger products will not only help protect them during shipping but puts to good use the plastic from our manufacturing giving it one more life. We encourage you to recycle this plastic bag.
This Product Uses The Following Raw Materials:
Made with Premium Eco-Wool™ Holy Lamb's famous blend, sourced directly from about 20 family farms in Oregon & California, USA. Growers participate in a Sustainable Wool Program, managing their flocks in a humane, chemical-free, and environmentally thoughtful manner. This is Holy Lamb's signature wool blend - it is the cleanest highest-quality wool available. Grown and produced with care, this wool batting is chemical-free from sheep to finish.
- Made of Premium Eco-Wool™ Batting
- Sourced from USA, West Coast
- Produced in accordance with our Sustainable Wool Program
Organic Cotton Sateen Fabric
Holy Lamb's organic cotton sateen has almost a liquid softness it. It’s lightweight (4.5 oz/sq yd), with an approx. 300 thread count.
- Made of 100% certified organic cotton
- Grown and woven in India
- 4.5 oz. of organic cotton in each yard
- Milled in the USA
Holy Lamb is committed to using only the highest quality natural materials, sourced as locally as possible.
- Premium Eco-Wool™ batting
- Organic cotton fabric cover
- Dimensions & Wool Weights:
- Crib Size 28” x 52”, 1.5 lbs, cotton elastic straps. approx. 1” thick
- Deep Sleep, approx 1.5-2” thick
- Twin 38” x 75”, 5.6 lbs
- Twin XL 38” x 80”, 6.0 lbs
- Full 54” x 75”, 7.9 lbs
- Queen 60” x 80”, 9.3 lbs
- King 76” x 80”, 11.8 lbs
- CAL King 72” x 84”, 11.8 lbs
- Ultimate, approx. 2.5-3” thick
- Twin 38” x 75”, 8.5 lbs
- Twin XL 38” x 80”, 9.0 lbs
- Full 54” x 75”, 11.9 lbs
- Queen 60” x 80”, 14 lbs
- King 76” x 80”, 17.8 lbs
- CAL King 72” x 84”, 17.8 lbs
How to Choose
How do I choose a mattress topper? It will depend on the goal you have in mind for using a topper.
- When the goal of adding a topper to your bed is to create a natural sleeping surface, then all of our toppers will work for that purpose.
- When the goal is to create a breathable surface for your body, our wool toppers are more breathable than latex toppers.
- When the goal is to create more cushion (or softness to your bed) then you'll need to determine just how much cushion you would like.
- For maximum cushion try our latex toppers, next try the Quilted Wool Ultimate,
- For slightly less cushion try the Quilted Wool Deep Sleep or the Happy Lamb Fleece.
- People who are in bed for a long periods of time or who have fibromyalgia greatly benefit from the Happy Lamb Fleece’s ability to relieve pressure points.
What is the thickness of the Mattress Toppers, Deep Sleep and Ultimate?
It’s very challenging to talk about a soft and squishy product in terms of inches. It’s much more accurate to compare products using their total wool weight (see Product Specs tab to compare product weights).
However, it can be helpful to know approximate heights for products.
Deep Sleep topper is approximately 1.5-2” thick
Ultimate topper has a loft of about 2.5-3” thick